The EB-SA2 is a mind-blowing mega-amplifier, achieving literally four times the sonic power and control of the legendary EB-SA1. It begins with a dual-differential input stage studded with the finest J-FET transistors available – transistors specifically designed for audio applications. This is brilliantly integrated with a MOS-FET pre-driver stage, MOS-FET driver stage and fully balanced Lateral MOS-FET output stage – featuring 24-each closely matched devices per channel.
And there’s more. The power supply is centered around a truly massive 4KVA power transformer with quad secondary windings for the output and another quad set of windings for the front end. The power supply capacitors are no less impressive: 8 per channel @ 47000 uF, achieving a
breathtaking level of macro dynamics. It doesn’t stop there – the EB-SA2 features a distributed node power supply output card with 470 uF electrolytic capacitors, bypassed with .1uF film foil-type capacitors mounted at the drain of each of the 48 output MOS-FETs.
The innovative internal grounding system is unique to PBN Audio: The Comb Ground™ System, which creates an astonishingly noise-free sound environment.
PBN has long set the bar for amps and pre-amps – engineering systems built with only the finest components, and then doubling down with a “shock and awe” over-build that generates the power and finesse required to banish all electronic noise. The canvas of great audio art is silence: Pure, delicious silence – and PBN has mastered it. Paired with PBN speakers, all you will hear is the music…as you’ve never imagined possible.
- Power Output 650 WPC, both channels driven into a 8 Ohm load @ less than 0.1 % THD
- ower Output 1200 WPC, both channels driven into a 4 Ohm load @ less than 0.1 % THD
- Power transformer 4000 VA
- Power Supply capacitance 800000 uF
- Signal to noise ratio 110dB
- Gain 32 dB
- Inputs: Balanced (3K3 Ohm) and PBN proprietary 75 Ohm BNC (Must be driven by a fully balanced pre-amplifier)
- Power Consumption at idle 550W in high bias, 275W in low bias
- Outputs: 2 set WBT 763, 5-way binding posts per channel
- Size: 19″ W x 15.5″ H x 16.25″D
- Weight: 165 Lbs
- Price: $34,995