EB-SA3 POWER AMPLIFIER
POWER CUBED redefines the term “amplifier.”
With an engineering history tracing back through the EB-SA2 and the Olympia AX, this heavyweight establishes a new class in amplifying technology and an exciting benchmark in audiophile excellence.
It is an electronic leviathan bending the scales at 185 lbs.—with 80 lbs. for the copper coil transformer alone, locked in place with half-inch carriage bolts. With + 65 VDC power rails combined with one full Farrad of combined capacitance, the EB-SA3 generates 200W per stereo channel and 800W as a mono block. There are 6,838.5 sq. in. of heat sink cooling capacity, and the t-bar plates provide superb heat transference. The staggering capacity levels add up, one after another.
But the overpowering numbers are not about looking good on paper. They serve one primary purpose—achieving complete control of your audio system’s microdynamics, with all the nuanced, hyper-refined responses that sculpt every sound with clarity and breath-taking realism. The precisely integrated network provides the right pulse of energy at each point of need. The entire system hovers with nearly unlimited power to breathe life into each note, every sound, no matter how delicate or subdued—or unleash the full potential of any rising crescendo.
The EB-SA3 soundscape is unbelievably immaculate; there is no “noise,” only deep, pure, gorgeous sound. At PBN, hearing is always about believing.
- 40 closely matched MOS FETs with 10 pairs on each side, eliminating the need for source resistors that slow down and muddy the performance.
- Fully independent positive/negative regulators for each channel.
- Four KVA transformer; separate windings for each output stage.
- One switch to convert from stereo to mono mode.(External speaker wiring modifications required.)
- Power Output 200 WPC / 800W as mono, both channels driven into a 8 Ohm load @ less than 0.1 % THD
- Power Output 400WPC / 1600W as mono, both channels driven into a 4 Ohm load @ less than 0.1 % THD
- Power transformer 4000 VA
- Power supply capacitance 1 Farrad
- Signal-to-noise ratio 110dB
- Gain 26 dB stereo; 32 dB mono
- Inputs: Balanced (3K3 Ohm) and PBN proprietary 75 Ohm BNC (Must be driven by a fully balanced pre-amplifier)
- Power Consumption at idle 550W in high bias, 300W in low bias
- Outputs: 2 set WBT 763, 5-way binding posts per channel
- Size: 19″ W x 13″ H x 23″D
- Weight: 185 Lbs
- Price: $49,995 per pair (Recommended as a set of two)