VINTAGE DIRECT PBN-DP6
This is the most advanced DP model using the basic Denon motor. Based on the Denon DP600, the PBN-DP6 comes with a larger and heavier platter, giving it outstanding stability and performance. The 10-inch Jelco SA750E (B) tone arm completes the package. The DP6 is perfectly balanced on three heavy-duty steel spike feet, ensuring the sound you hear is pure, effortless and expressive of every aural gesture. The drop-down cap hold LPs in tight synchrony with the turntable to eliminate any wobbling. Each plinth is custom-built to your preference. We provide phone or email support for the easy set-up. The DP6 is a marvel of blended technologies – and a delight to both the eye and ear of all who experience it.
- 99.998% Accurate Speed; Phase Controlled by Quartz Oscillation: The rotating speed is highly stabilized by a timing clock based on a quartz crystal oscillation which is very stable against changes of temperature or time. By the use of Phase-locked loop method, the speed is hardly affected by load or supply voltage fluctuation.
- DC Electrical Brake for Smoother Operation: Up-speeding servo function and a DC electrical brake are commanded in accordance with the speed detection data. The result is smoother operation in speed changeover, in starting or in stopping as well as during play.
- Magnetic Recording for Speed Detection: Denon established its original motor control system using magnetic recording method for speed and phase detection. 1000 pulses recorded with a high accuracy allow a high detecting frequency to expel phase lagging of the servo system accordingly over-shoot, wow and flutter therein.
- Improved S/N, Wow and Flutter Performance by an AC Motor: With the introduction of pulse width modulation for motor regulation, a cleaner driving current can be applied to the motor. This improves S/N, wow and flutter performance. This method has also reduced power consumption.
- Speeds: 33.33 and 45rpm
- Platter: 1.8kg die-cast aluminum, 312mm dia.
- Speed adjustable range: more than +-6% via dial on control panel
- Wow and flutter: 0.015% WRMS
- Speed deviation: less than 0.002%
- Signal to noise ratio: 77dB or more
- Brake: DC electrical brake
- Motor: AC servo motor
Woods and Finishes
The form-aged solid hardwood plinths are custom-made from individually selected planks. The three precision-cut layers are glued together so the grain of each is angled at 120 degrees, providing resonance-free stability as well as spectacular grain patterns. We work with a variety of woods including cherry, maple, walnut and oak. The deep, liquid finishes use only state-of-the-art materials. Each plinth is a unique work of art in itself. Click Here to Learn More