VINTAGE DIRECT PBN-DP8
This is the “Master Class” model, the unchallenged flagship of PBN’s unique line. Based on the Denon DP80, the PBN-DP8 boasts a motor that is larger, more powerful and more advanced than is used in any other turntable. With over-all heftier specs and a larger, dual-layer platter, it gives outstanding stability and unparalleled performance. The many advanced features and masterful design ensure that the sound you hear is pure, effortless, and expressive of every nuance and aural gesture. If you’re looking for the best, you’ve found it. Each plinth is custom-built to your preference.
- 99.998% Accurate Speed; Phase Controlled by Quartz Oscillation: The rotating speed is highly stabilized by a timing clock based on a quartz crystal oscillation which is very stable against changes of temperature or time. By the use of Phase-locked loop method, the speed is hardly affected by load or supply voltage fluctuation.
- DC Electrical Brake for Smoother Operation: Up-speeding servo function and a DC electrical brake are commanded in accordance with the speed detection data. The result is smoother operation in speed changeover, in starting or in stopping as well as during play.
- Magnetic Recording for Speed Detection: Denon established its original motor control system using magnetic recording method for speed and phase detection. 1000 pulses recorded with a high accuracy allow a high detecting frequency to expel phase lagging of the servo system accordingly over-shoot, wow and flutter therein.
- Improved S/N, Wow and Flutter Performance by an AC Motor: With the introduction of pulse width modulation for motor regulation, a cleaner driving current can be applied to the motor. This improves S/N, wow and flutter performance. This method has also reduced power consumption
- Speeds: 33.33 and 45rpm
- Platter: 1.8kg die-cast aluminum, 312mm dia.
- Speed adjustable range: more than +-6% via dial on control panel
- Wow and flutter: 0.015% WRMS
- Speed deviation: less than 0.002%
- Signal to noise ratio: 77dB or more
- Brake: DC electrical brake
- Motor: AC servo motor
Woods and Finishes
The form-aged solid hardwood plinths are custom-made from individually selected planks. The three precision-cut layers are glued together so the grain of each is angled at 120 degrees, providing resonance-free stability as well as spectacular grain patterns. We work with a variety of woods including cherry, maple, walnut and oak. The deep, liquid finishes use only state-of-the-art materials. Each plinth is a unique work of art in itself. Click Here to Learn More